The Role: Architect
We are building a platform to process telematics data at scale and need engineers who can design and build SaaS solutions capable of managing millions of vehicles. We are currently seeking experienced individuals who are ready to further their career in a leading-edge technology company.
You will join a small, rapidly growing, expert team building server-side software for the systems that connects our customers to their fleet of cars. The ideal candidate will have a passion for building world-class software and a track record of success creating highly successful distributed applications and dealing with issues that happen at scale. You will need strong software engineering skills, excellent interpersonal communication, and a desire to take ownership of problems and see them through to resolution.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience developing scalable distributed applications.
- Architecting for public or private clouds. GCP preferred, but AWS, Azure, etc are all acceptable
- Excellent problem solving skills including the ability to diagnose and resolve issues that come with high-throughput applications (memory issues, threading, networking, etc).
- Ability to work with multiple languages. Java is a must, but experience with PHP and Python will be an advantage.
- Proven ability to adapt to different technologies and frameworks.
- Design and build scalable, high-availability mission-critical systems and APIs.
- Solve problems at scale using distributed, asynchronous messaging.
- Relational database skills: MySQL or other RDMS databases.
- Working knowledge of Linux and scripting
- Good verbal & written communication skills and demonstrated ability to collaborate across teams and organisations.
- Ability to mentor junior engineers, who will see you as an expert.
- Work closely with product, devops, support and datacenter teams.
Additional Experience (Bonus)
- In depth knowledge of microservices orchestration systems like Kubernetes
- Experience with telematics or cellular systems.
- Knowledge of big data analytics.
- Experience with geospatial data.
- Experience with Spring Boot
- Computer Science or Software Engineering related Degree is the minimum tertiary level qualification expected for this role.
How to Apply
If you feel you are a good fit for this role, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you.