We are building a platform to process telematics data at scale and need engineers who can design and build SaaS solutions capable of managing millions of vehicles. We are currently seeking experienced individuals who are ready to further their career in a leading-edge technology company.
You will join a small, rapidly growing, expert team building server-side software for the systems that connect our customers to their fleet of cars. The ideal candidate will have a passion for building world-class software and a track record of success creating highly successful distributed applications and dealing with issues that happen at scale. You will need strong software engineering skills, excellent interpersonal communication, and a desire to take ownership of problems and see them through to resolution.
- Design and implement services for a platform which receives GPS and related telematics data from hundreds of thousands of IoT devices.
- Ensure the services and APIs we are building are scalable, highly-available, distributed and suitable for mission-critical systems.
- Establish robust testing processes to ensure that your hand-off to QA is of the highest quality.
- Work closely with your own team and with other teams like web developers, devops, support to ensure frictionless integration of your services.
- Work with our device vendors to detect and resolve issues in lab and production environments.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a software engineer working, primarily in Java.
- Ability to work with multiple languages. Java, including Spring Boot, is a must, but experience with PHP and Python will be an advantage.
- Experience building services for public or private clouds. GCP preferred, but AWS, Azure, etc are all acceptable
- SQL RDBMS like MySQL.
- Working knowledge of Linux and shell scripting
- Proven ability to adapt to different technologies and frameworks.
- Excellent problem solving skills including the ability to diagnose and resolve issues that come with high-throughput applications (memory issues, threading, networking, etc).
- Good verbal & written communication skills and demonstrated ability to collaborate across teams and organisations.
Additional Expertise (Bonus)
- Experience with telematics devices or cellular systems.
- Experience of using distributed, asynchronous messaging.
- Experience with NoSQL DBs like key-value, document and graph stores.
- Knowledge of Big Data analytics.
- Experience with geospatial data.
- Computer Science or Software Engineering related Degree is the minimum tertiary level
qualification expected for this role.
- We are using a hybrid working model, but some presence in our Dublin Office will be required.
- You must be legally able to work in Ireland.
How to Apply
If you feel you are a good fit for this role, please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com.