The Role – Senior Software Engineer: Full Stack Developer
We are looking for experienced individuals who are ready to build their career in a leading-edge technology company. Whether your speciality is web development, data analytics, machine learning, DevOps, security, or engineering support, you will be taking on exciting challenges and working at the frontier of connected car and IOT technologies.
You will join a small, rapidly growing, expert team building server-side software for the systems that connects our customers to their fleet of cars. The ideal candidate will have a passion for building world-class software and a track record of success creating highly successful web applications. You will need strong software engineering skills, excellent interpersonal communication, and experience accepting and giving meaningful feedback on technical designs and pull requests.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience developing enterprise web applications.
- Proficient web development (e.g. Java, PHP) and knowledge of web frameworks (Laravel).
- Experience developing with HTML5, JS, CSS3.
- Relational database skills MySQL or other RDMS databases.
- GUI Development such as Angular JS 1.X.
- Knowledge of Linux operating systems.
- Excellent problem solving skills and debugging ability.
- Version control systems – GIT.
- REST API Design Principles.
- Good verbal & written communication skills and demonstrated ability to collaborate across teams and organisations.
- Ability to work effectively within a development team.
- Design and build scalable, high-availability mission-critical systems and APIs.
- Solve problems using distributed, asynchronous messaging.
- Work closely with product, devops, and datacenter teams.
Additional Expertise (Bonus)
- Working knowledge of QA methodology, CI testing techniques and approaches.
- Build and test automation using one or more of the following (Ansible, Jenkins, PHPUnit, Codeception, Selenium or similar).
- Knowledge of Material Design.
- Knowledge of module bundlers (Webpack or similar).
- Knowledge of big data analytics.
- Experience with geospatial data.
- Computer Science or Software Engineering related Degree is the minimum tertiary level qualification expected for this role.
How to Apply
If you feel you are a good fit for this role, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to hearing from you.