A Fundamental Component of RentalMatics
Pin-Point Vehicle Activity
Geofences are, quite simply, areas of interest. These could be drawn around the country your fleet operates in, all local garages, body shops, cleaning bays within your branch or check-in zones. Creating a comprehensive body of geofences allows you to track all movement in, out and around those areas.
A well thought out range of geofences gives you the ability to understand exact movements by your vehicles and automatically receive email or SMS notifications. SMS alerts are particularly useful when time is of the essence, for example, when vehicles are moved without authorisation such as in theft or illicit usage.
Getting the Most out of Geofencing
With your live positioning map, you can see where vehicles are but with geofences, you can gain a better understanding of what vehicles might be doing.
Receive Alerts and Notifications
Set up geofences around state or country borders, and other restricted areas. Be made aware as soon as a vehicle enters or exits these areas.
Unlimited Geofence Building
You won’t get your body of geofences fully right first time. The more experienced you get, the more areas of interest you’ll think of. Make use of unlimited geofencing.
How it Works
- When you draw a geofence with RentalMatics (around a branch, a check in zone, or a cleaning bay for example), our software tracks all vehicles as they move in and out of each fenced area.
- This gives you real-time visibility and tracking for all aspects of the business.
- Trigger alerts, charges and automate instructions based on geofence activity.
- Geofencing and alerts helps to protect against crime, improve fuel efficiencies (as it curbs unnecessary movements) and increase turnaround times.
- Use this feature to confirm charges to customers based on the real journey of the vehicles, for example, border crossings.
Jeff Schoepfel, CEO, GSP Transportation
A Dollar, Thrifty and Hertz Licensee
Since becoming a Rentalmatics customer, I could not be happier. Due to their enhanced tracking and geofence technology, I have been recovering 2 vehicles/week, and at least 12 of which we would have never found without RentalMatics, saving us over $360,000 in the past six months alone. I have been able to monitor excessive mileage on my fleet, and instantly know when a customer drives beyond the pre-established limits. I definitely see the value and return on my investment partnering with RentalMatics.