The Role: Principal Java Engineer
We are looking for experienced individuals who are ready to further their career in a leading-edge technology company. We are building a platform to process telematics data at scale and need engineers who can design and build SaaS solutions capable of managing millions of vehicles.
You will join a small, rapidly growing, expert team building server-side software for the systems that connects our customers to their fleet of cars. The ideal candidate will have a passion for building world-class software and a track record of success creating highly successful distributed applications and dealing with issues that happen at scale. You will need strong software engineering skills, excellent interpersonal communication, and a desire to take ownership of problems and see them through to resolution.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience developing scalable distributed applications.
- Ability to work with multiple languages. Java is a must, but experience with PHP and Python will be an advantage.
- Proven ability to adapt to different technologies and frameworks.
- Design and build scalable, high-availability mission-critical systems and APIs.
- Solve problems at scale using distributed, asynchronous messaging.
- Relational database skills: MySQL or other RDMS databases.
- Architecting for public or private clouds. GCP preferred, but AWS, Azure, etc are all acceptable
- Excellent problem solving skills including the ability to diagnose and resolve issues that come with high-throughput applications (memory issues, threading, networking, etc).
- Working knowledge of Linux and scripting
- Good verbal & written communication skills and demonstrated ability to collaborate across teams and organisations.
- Ability to coach developers and get the best out of your colleagues.
- Work closely with product, devops, support and datacenter teams.
Additional Expertise (Bonus)
- In depth knowledge of microservices orchestration systems like Kubernetes
- Knowledge of big data analytics.
- Experience with telematics or cellular systems.
- Experience with geospatial data.
- Experience with Spring Boot
- Computer Science or Software Engineering related Degree is the minimum tertiary level qualification expected for this role.
How to Apply
If you feel you are a good fit for this role, please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
We look forward to hearing from you.