The Role – Product Owner (Dublin)
RentalMatics is currently seeking applications for the role of Product Owner, based in our Dublin office at DCU Alpha. We are looking for a qualified, ambitious and self motivated individual who is ready to build an exciting career working with cutting-edge technology.
The chosen candidate will be a team player who possess exceptional communication and collaboration skills. This is an excellent opportunity to work in a position of responsibility that will help drive improvements within the company.
- Work with the Product Manager to define and prioritize the Product Backlog, Release Plans, and Sprint Backlogs according to business value, complexity, and expectations.
- Maintain the Product Backlog, ensuring that it’s visible, transparent, and clear.
- Effectively communicate the Vision, Roadmap, and Backlog to the Scrum Team.
- Create EPICs and User Stories that are granular enough to be achieved in a single Sprint.
- Define the Acceptance Criteria for the User Stories.
- Provide support to the Scrum Team during the Sprint to clarify doubts and advice on the testing strategy if requested.
- Communicate with the Product Manager and Stakeholders on a regular basis to provide feedback on progress of implementation of the Vision and define next priorities.
- Fluency in English
- Participates in the daily Scrums, Sprint Planning Meetings and Sprint Reviews and Retrospectives.
- Participate and lead, when needed, the project meetings.
Skills & Expertise
- 3+ years working in a similar Product Owner role in an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Proven ability to create User Stories with appropriate Acceptance Criteria.
- Excellent analysis skills and attention to detail.
- Previous experience using Jira and Confluence (desirable).
- Familiarity with SQL, web software architecture, systems, and design patterns (desirable).
- Previous experience working with a high-volume consumer-facing website (desirable).
- Excellent communication written and oral and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to collaborate well with engineers and Stakeholders.
- Knowledge of design tools and/or wireframing and prototyping tools such as Axure.
- Passion for delivering high-quality software solutions to customers based on a clear understanding of their problems.
- Self-starter with the ability to learn new concepts and technology quickly.
- Computer Science or Software Engineering related degree is the minimum tertiary level qualification expected for this role.
How to Apply
If you feel you are a good fit for this role, please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
We look forward to hearing from you.
Job posted on the 4th of July 2019.