Improve Driving Behavior
RentalMatics Safety Scores track driving behavior. Types of scores include smooth scores, fatigue scores, speed scores and time of day scores. This scoring system helps to identify drivers that are repeatedly disobeying the speed limit, driving dangerously or erratically, and not taking enough breaks when driving for extended periods.
Safety Scores can be used to promote safer driving, reduce the likelihood of serious incidents occurring, increase road safety, and reduce vehicle wear and tear. By monitoring driver behavior, RentalMatics users can save on insurance claims, prevent vehicle damage and protect their staff.
Monitor Vehicle Journeys in Real Time
Safety scores can highlight potentially dangerous driving habits. This gives users an opportunity to speak with drivers before serious accidents or crashes occur.
Corporate users can use safety scores to monitor the driving of their staff (e.g salespeople or couriers). They can then take steps to improve driving behavior.
Safety scores can be used to protect your vehicle from excessive wear and tear. Poor speed scores and smooth scores can indicate damage to a vehicle’s engine and fuel capabilities.
Types of Safety Scores
- Fatigue scores are based on the duration of a journey. With longer journeys, the likelihood of an incident increases.
- Smooth scores are based on rates of acceleration and deceleration. Erratic driving behavior is more likely to result in an accident.
- Time of Day: Certain periods of the day possess higher rates of incidents (e.g. rush hour)
- Speed score tracks how many times a driver broke the speed limit during the journey.
- Overall score is an aggregated score taking in all safety elements.
- Scores are marked out of a top score of 100 and management can schedule reports to be sent to their inbox. This can help to spot dangerous driving behavior.