The Role: Senior Software Engineer – Java Developer
We are currently seeking applications for a Senior Java Developer role, based at our Dublin office at DCU Alpha. We are constantly growing and forming new teams. We currently have an exciting opportunity for someone to help a successful team become even better by sharing their skills and collaborating with multiple teams. You will join a rapidly growing team of passionate people committed to redefining the way business intelligence is done.
RentalMatics is an enterprise-class software-as-a-service (SaaS) solution that allows car rental companies to manage and track their global fleet of vehicles in real time. RentalMatics is currently looking for a talented Java Software Engineer to join our rapidly expanding development team to help develop a multi-tenancy SaaS solution which is designed for scale. As a Software Engineer within an Agile Development environment, you will be responsible for designing and developing features for RentalMatics that will consume large quantities of raw geo-location data and present analytic insights to our customers with the aim of reducing the operational overhead of fleet management.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience developing enterprise web applications
- Proficient in Java development and knowledge of frameworks such as Spring/Spring Boot
- Relational database skills MySQL or other RDMS databases
- Experience with Service-oriented architecture
- Knowledge of Linux operating systems.
- Excellent problem solving skills and debugging ability
- Version control systems – GIT
- REST API Design Principles
- Jenkins or similar CI/CD
- Good verbal & written communication skills and demonstrated ability to collaborate across teams and organizations.
- Ability to work effectively within a development team.
Additional Expertise (Bonus)
- Experience with AWS/GCloud
- Knowledge of microservices orchestration systems like Kubernetes
- Knowledge of big data analytics
- NoSQL databases like Redis and BigTable
- Infrastructure as code – e.g. Terraform
- Computer Science or Software Engineering related Degree is the minimum tertiary level qualification expected for this role.
How to Apply
If you feel you are a good fit for this role, please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
We look forward to hearing from you.