RentalMatics (“we”) are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors and registered users of the RentalMatics platform; this Notice sets out how we will treat your personal data when we act as the controller of that data and when its processing is governed by the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
We use the term “personal data” to refer to any information collected or processed by, or in connection with, this website or the platform, that directly, or indirectly, identifies you or factors specific to you, such as your name, IP address or user preferences.
Below we describe “lawful grounds” for processing your personal data. These lawful grounds (sometimes also referred to as “legal basis”) are the justification under GDPR for the processing of your personal data. If there are no lawful grounds for processing your personal data neither we, nor anyone else, is permitted to access or process your personal data.
The RentalMatics site logs certain statistical data such as; IP address, the type of operating systems used and browser types used. This statistical data is not connected to personal information and so user information is anonymous. For example, if we know that a growing number of users have a new type of browser we know that it’s a good idea to test new pages and features in that browser.
What personal data do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of information and personal data (“Collected Information”):
- Information and personal data about your visits to and use of this website and our platform. We collect personal data about your computer and your visits to this website or the platform, including your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views, all of which are also Collected Information.
- Information about any transactions carried out between you and us on this website, including information relating to any requests you make for our services. Therefore we collect:
- First and last name
- Contact information (email, phone)
- Connection data
- Localisation data
- Email communication data
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us on the website or platform and/or subscribing to our website services and/or email notifications. We collect first and last name, email address, and phone number for these purposes and any additional data or notes provided by the user.
Cookies and other tracking technologies we use
We may send one or more cookies which may be stored by your browser on your computer. The information we obtain from cookies is part of the Collected Information. Our advertisers and service providers may also send you cookies.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies. (For example, in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy”, and selecting “Block all cookies” using the sliding selector.) This will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites, including this one.
To improve our services and this site, we may retain third party service providers to operate this site and help us monitor, collect and analyze information regarding your interactions with this website and data you input, including through the use of such providers’ cookies on your computer.
For more information about cookies and other tracking technologies we use, please see our Cookies Policy.
Why we use collected information
Collected Information, including personal data, will be used to:
- Improve your browsing experience by modification and replacement of text, images, videos or links to increase relevance to the visitor; the legal basis is represented by RentalMatics legitimate interest;
- To respond to User requests sent through e-mail and/or the contact points included in the Website. In such a case, the legal basis is represented by the Users request
- Send newsletters relating to informative material about RentalMatics. In such a case, the legal basis is represented by the Users express free consent
- The collection and processing of data by RentalMatics for marketing purposes. In this case, the legal basis is represented by the free consent of the Users
If you are a website user, the lawful grounds for processing your Collected Information is our legitimate interest in understanding how users interact with this website and the platform, and to improve how we promote our products and services.
Sharing collected information
- We may share Collected Information about you:
- To enable our service providers (third party sub-processors) to provide data center hosting services, database hosting services, dialer infrastructure services, email sync services and to enable our third party processors to provide sales and marketing operations services;
- To the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- In connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- In order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk).
- In response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
Security of collected information
We will take reasonable precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal data. Data transmission over the Internet is inherently unsecure and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the Internet. We will store all the personal data you provide or that we collect about you on our secure servers.
Transfers of collected information
We are located in Dublin, Ireland. Submitting your personal data via this website will transfer your personal data to us. We may transfer your personal data to third parties, as described in Sharing Collected Information. We use these third parties to perform certain functions offered as part of our products and services, e.g. data center hosting services, SaaS solutions and SaaS IT service management software. These providers all certify compliance and are restricted from direct access to your personal data but, if necessary, may be granted access to your personal data only to the extent necessary to permit them to perform their contracted services. They are bound by confidentiality agreements and are restricted from using the personal data for other purposes.
Retention of your personal data
We retain your personal data for four years or until data is requested to be purged from our systems by you or an authorized member of your organization.
Changes to this notice
Third party websites
The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies of third party websites or such site operators’ actions including the collection or use of your personal data.
Access to your personal data
If you use this website, upon request, RentalMatics will grant you access to your personal data and allow you to correct, amend or delete information that is demonstrated to be inaccurate or incomplete. See Contact Us details on our website.
As of May 25, 2018, as specified in the GDPR you also have the following additional rights:
- Right to Information – you have the right to be informed of the purpose and methods of processing your personal data
- Right to access – you have the right to access all the personal data that belongs to you
- Right to rectification – the right to change or modify the data provided when you believe the data is inaccurate or out-of-date
- Right to erasure– you are entitled to have your personal data erased under specific circumstances, such as where you have withdrawn your consent, where you object to processing based on legitimate interests and we have no overriding legitimate grounds (see below) or where personal data is unlawfully processed, provided that applicable law does not provide otherwise.
- Right to restriction of processing – you have the right to restrict the processing of your personal data (that is, allow only its storage) where:
- You contest the accuracy of the personal data, until we have taken sufficient steps to correct or verify its accuracy;
- Where the processing is unlawful but you do not want us to erase the personal data;
- Where we no longer need your personal data for the purposes of the processing, but you require such personal data for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims; or
- Where you have objected to processing, justified on lawful grounds (see below), pending verification as to whether we have your permission to continue processing.
- Data portability – if ever we rely (as the lawful grounds for processing) upon your consent, or the fact that the processing is necessary to perform a service to which you are party (such as making an enquiry), and the personal data is processed by automatic means, you have the right to receive all such personal data which you have provided us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and also to require that it be transmitted to another controller where this is technically feasible.
Where your personal data is subject to restriction we will only process it with your consent or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
- Right to object to processing (including profiling) based on lawful grounds – where we rely upon legitimate interests to process personal data, you have the right to object to that processing. If you object, we must stop that processing unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing that overrides your interests, rights and freedoms, or we need to process the personal data for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims, or an applicable law requires otherwise.
- Right to object to automated decision making (including profiling) – you have the right to object to our use of your personal data for automated decision making purposes (including profiling).
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority of your habitual residence, place of work or place of alleged infringement, if you consider that the processing of your personal data infringes an applicable law.
You may contact us if you wish to exercise any of your rights in respect of your personal data processed by this website.
Contact Us for any further information.